NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
Kuk dong Corporation (KS:A005320), South Korea's 53rd largest apparel, accessories & luxury goods company by market capitalisation, weakened KRW25.0 (or 1.6%) in the trailing week to close at KRW1,540.0. Compared with the KRX 100 Index which rose 87.4 points (or 2.1%) in the week, this represented a relative price change of -3.7%. The volume was 0.2 times average trading per week of 1,018,380 shares. In the past week the market capitalisation has weakened KRW100.2 million.
LONG-TERM RATING (FUNDAMENTALS)
% Prem to Low
% Disc to High
SHORT-TERM RATING (TECHNICAL)
Its short term falls have been combined with weak volume resulting in weak momentum falls over 1, 5 and 30 days. Significantly its price of KRW1,540.0 is at a discount of 7% to its 200-day moving average price of KRW1,653.56. Its 52-week range has been KRW2,430.0 to KRW1,235.0; it is trading at a discount of 36.6% to its 52-week high and a premium of 24.7% to its 52-week low. KRW1,000 invested a week ago is now worth KRW984 of which KRW16 is a capital loss.
Recommended stop loss: KRW1,424.50
1-month price change (%)
Present Value KRW1000 (1 year)
1-week price change (%)
Relative Strength (6M)
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS
- The Price to Book of 2.3 higher than average of 1.0 for the Total South Korean Market. We estimate the shares are trading at a current year Price to Book of 2.8 and a forward year Price to Book of 3.5.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- The price advanced 6.9% in the last month.
- Compared with the KRX 100 Index which rose 1.7% for the month, this represented a relative price increase of 5.2% for the month.
- The price to 50-day EMAP ratio is 1.02, a bullish indicator. In the past 50 days this ratio has exceeded 1.02, 15 times suggesting further upside. The 50-day EMAP has increased to KRW1,511.75. An increase is another bullish indicator.
- The price weakened 1.6% in the last week.
- In the South Korean market of 1,638 stocks & 1 unit traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative strength of 12 indicating it is trailing 88.0% of the market.
Trailing five weeks: the stock fell thirteen times (52% of the time) and rose eleven times (44% of the time). The volume was 0.3 times average trading of 5,091,900 shares. The value of KRW1,000 invested five weeks ago is KRW1,128 [vs KRW1,022 for the KRX 100 Index] for a capital gain of KRW128.
Trailing thirteen weeks: the stock fell thirty times (49% of the time), rose twenty seven times (44% of the time) and was unchanged three times (5% of the time). The volume was 0.2 times average trading of 12,424,236 shares. The value of KRW1,000 invested thirteen weeks ago is KRW1,162 [vs KRW1,068 for the KRX 100 Index] for a capital gain of KRW162.
Trailing Two Years: the value of KRW1,000 invested two years ago is KRW7,624 [vs KRW1,034 for the KRX 100 Index] for a capital gain of KRW6,624.
PRICE VOLUME DYNAMICS
Volatility: the stock traded between an intraweek low of KRW1,515.0 and a high of KRW1,680.0.
Volume and turnover period: there were 153,562 shares worth KRW243.5 million (US$219,161.4) traded. The turnover rate in the 12 months to date was 1270.1% (or a turnover period of 29 days).
% Discount to high: the last price is at a discount of 36.6% to the 12-month high of KRW2,430.0 six months ago on 11 Sep, 2012.