NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
Belle International Holdings Limited (HK:01880) plummeted HKD3.42 (or 19.1%) in the trailing week to close at HKD14.46, ending a three-week streak of rises. Compared with the Hang Seng Index which fell 640.2 points (or 2.7%) in the week, this represented a relative price change of -16.4%. In the past week the market capitalisation has plummeted HKD28.8 billion.
LONG-TERM RATING (FUNDAMENTALS)
The company paid a dividend of 19.66c in the last twelve months. The dividend yield is moderate at 1.4%.
Earning Yield %
% Disc to High
% Prem to Low
SHORT-TERM RATING (TECHNICAL)
Its price change has been negative in the short-term over 5 days and medium-term over 3 months despite its fall over the period of 1 year. Its short term falls have been combined with weak volume resulting in weak momentum falls over 5 and 30 days. Significantly its price of HKD14.46 is at a discount of 2% to its 200-day moving average price of HKD14.77. Its 52-week range has been HKD18.58 to HKD11.80; it is trading at a discount of 22.2% to its 52-week high and a premium of 22.5% to its 52-week low. HKD1,000 invested a week ago is now worth HKD809 of which HKD191 is a capital loss.
Recommended stop loss: HKD13.38
Present Value HKD1000 (1 year)
1-week price change (%)
Relative Strength (6M)
1-month price change (%)
# Hits (3m) 52-w High
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS
The stock meets the following value criterion set by Benjamin Graham:
-"Current ratio of two or more"; current assets are 3.06 times current liabilities.
-"Stability of growth in earnings over the last 5 years, defined as no more than two declines of 5% or greater in year-end earnings"; there has been no declines in earnings in the last 5 years.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- The price crashed 19.1% in the last week and 19.2% in the last month.
- This has been exacerbated by high volume of 3.2 times average for the week and by firm volume 1.2 times average for the month.
- Compared with the Hang Seng Index which fell 2.7% for the week and 3.5% for the month, this represented a relative price decrease of -16.4% for the week and 15.7% for the month.
- In the Hong Kong market of 1,254 stocks traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative strength of 20 indicating it is trailing 80.0% of the market.
- Also, the relative strength percentile is slipping at 20 for 6 months, 15 for 3 months and 4 for 1 month.
- The price to 50-day EMAP ratio is 0.9, a bearish indicator. The 50-day EMAP has decreased to HKD16.86. A decrease is another bearish indicator.
Trailing five weeks: the stock fell eleven times (48% of the time) and rose eleven times (48% of the time). The volume was 1.3 times average trading of 405,954,232 shares. The value of HKD1,000 invested five weeks ago is HKD837 [vs HKD966 for the Hang Seng Index] for a capital loss of HKD163.
Trailing thirteen weeks: the stock rose thirty times (50% of the time), fell twenty six times (43% of the time) and was unchanged three times (5% of the time). The volume was 1.02 times average trading of 1,059,011,040 shares. The value of HKD1,000 invested thirteen weeks ago is HKD912 [vs HKD1,040 fo