AUSTRALIAN COMPANY NEWS BITES
Matsa Resources Limited (ASX:MAT), Australia's 168th largest materials company by market capitalisation, declined 1.0c (or 2.9%) to close at 34.0c. Compared with the All Ordinaries Index, which rose 21.3 points (or 0.4%) on the day, this was a relative price change of -3.3%. The volume was 0.3 times the average trading of 426,571 shares.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] FUNDAMENTALS
- The Price to Book of 2.7 is higher than the average of 2.4 for the Materials sector and 2.7 for the Total Australian Market. We estimate the shares are trading at a current year Price to Book of 2.8 and a forward year Price to Book of 2.8.
- Tobin's Q Ratio, defined as MCap divided by Total Assets, is 2.4. Compared with the rest of the market the stock is overvalued and ranks in the bottom quartile of stocks by value of Q Ratio.
Rank In Market
Total Debt to Equity
In Top 4%
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] TECHNICALS
- In the Australian market of 1,245 stocks and 59 units traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative price strength of 59 (it has outperformed 59% of the market).
Beta: The Beta of this stock is 1.3. A Beta greater than 1 suggests this is a high risk, high return stock with volatility greater than that of the market.
Volume: there were 141,631 shares worth $48,299 traded.
% Discount to high: it is at a discount of 35.8% to the 12-month high of 53.0c (traded on 02 Oct, 2012).
- The present value of $1,000 (PV$1000) invested one year ago is $1,478 [vs $1,202 for the All Ordinaries Index], for a capital gain of $478. The total return to shareholders for 1 year is 47.8%.
- The stock is oversold according to the Williams % R indicator of -87.5, suggesting the price is close to its 14-day low.
Rank In Market
In 3rd Quartile
Price Change %
In Bottom Quartile
The last 7 company announcements are:
February 07: Matsa Resources: Reseach Report
[Company Release]Matsa Resources (ASX:MAT) ("Matsa" or the "Company") is pleased to advise that State One Stockbroking Ltd has issued an updated research note on the Company. This report has been made available on Matsa's website at www.matsa.com.au.
January 31: Matsa Resources: 31 December 2012 Quarterly Report & 5B
December 27: Matsa Resources increases issued capital by 0.1%
Matsa Resources (MAT.AU) has announced an increase of 100,000 shares (or 0.1%) in total share on issue from 134,521,781 to 134,621,781. The effective date is 24 Dec, 2012.
December 19: Matsa Resources: Symons Hill Preliminary VTEM Results
December 03: Matsa Resources increases issued capital by 1.6%
Matsa Resources (MAT.AU) has announced an increase of 2,100,000 shares (or 1.6%) in total share on issue from 132,421,781 to 134,521,781. The effective date is 30 Nov, 2012.
November 30: Matsa Resources: Results of Meeting
November 29: Matsa Resources announces AGM
Matsa Resources has announced its Annual General Meeting will take place on Friday 30 November 2012.
AU:MAT; ASX:MAT; AX:MAT;