NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
Anglo Philippine Holdings Corporation (PH:APO) fell 5.0 centavo (or 2.1%) to close at PHP2.31. The stock fell for a second consecutive week on Friday bringing its two-week fall to 7.0 centavo or 2.9%. Compared with the PSEi Index which fell 22.8 points (or 0.3%) in the week, this represented a relative price change of -1.8%. In the past week the market capitalisation has weakened PHP58.2 million.
LONG-TERM RATING (FUNDAMENTALS)
The company paid a dividend of 6.0 centavo in the last twelve months. The dividend yield is high at 2.6%.
% Prem to Low
Earning Yield %
% Disc to High
SHORT-TERM RATING (TECHNICAL)
Its short term falls have been combined with weak volume resulting in weak momentum falls over 5 and 30 days. Significantly its price of PHP2.31 is at a premium of 10% to its 200-day moving average price of PHP2.10. Its 52-week range has been PHP2.70 to PHP1.88; it is trading at a discount of 14.4% to its 52-week high and a premium of 22.9% to its 52-week low. PHP1,000 invested a week ago is now worth PHP979 of which PHP21 is a capital loss.
Recommended stop loss: PHP2.14
Present Value PHP1000 (1 year)
1-week price change (%)
Relative Strength (6M)
1-month price change (%)
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS
The stock meets the following value criteria set by Benjamin Graham:
-"Total debt less than tangible book value"; total debt of PHP1.1 billion (US$27.5 million) is less than tangible book value of PHP2.9 billion.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- The price weakened 2.1% in the last week and dipped 1.3% in the last month.
- This has been exacerbated by firm volume of 1.7 times average for the month and was on volume of 1.1 times average for week.
- Compared with the PSEi Index which fell 0.3% for the week, this represented a relative price decrease of -1.8% for the week.
- In the Philippines market of 180 stocks traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative strength of 51 which means it has outperformed 51% of the market.
- The price to 50-day EMAP ratio is 0.9, a bearish indicator. In the past 50 days this ratio has been under 0.9 just once suggesting a support level. The 50-day EMAP has decreased to PHP2.63. A decrease is another bearish indicator.
Trailing five weeks: the stock was unchanged nine times (35% of the time), fell seven times (27% of the time), rose seven times (27% of the time) and was untraded twice (8% of the time). The volume was 2.4 times average trading of 23,996,472 shares. The value of PHP1,000 invested five weeks ago is PHP975 [vs PHP1,077 for the PSEi Index] for a capital loss of PHP25.
Trailing thirteen weeks: the stock fell twenty one times (34% of the time), rose twenty one times (34% of the time), was unchanged thirteen times (21% of the time) and was untraded seven times (11% of the time). The volume was 2.2 times average trading of 54,991,915 shares. The value of PHP1,000 invested thirteen weeks ago is PHP1,090 [vs PHP1,178 for the PSEi Index] for a capital gain of PHP90.
Trailing Two Years: the value of PHP1,000 invested two years ago is PHP1,454 [vs PHP1,760 for the PSEi Index], including a capital gain of PHP351 and dividend reinvested of PHP103.
PRICE VOLUME DYNAMICS