AUSTRALIAN COMPANY NEWS BITES
Computershare Limited (ASX:CPU), Australia's largest software & services company by market capitalisation, declined 27.0c (or 2.6%) to close at $10.09, ending a three-day streak of rises. Compared with the All Ordinaries Index, which fell 70.8 points (or 1.4%) on the day, this was a relative price change of -1.2%. The volume was 1.0 times the average trading of 1.9 million shares.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] FUNDAMENTALS
- Tobin's Q Ratio, defined as MCap divided by Total Assets, is 1.5. Compared with the rest of the market the stock is undervalued.
- Return on Equity of 13.4% versus sector average of 12.5% and market average of 9.0%.
- Price/Earnings of 35.8 versus sector average of 29.8 and market average of 20.3. We estimate the shares are trading at a current year P/E of 41.1 and a forward year P/E of 47.1.
- Price/Sales of 3 versus sector average of 2.1 and market average of 1.4. We estimate the shares are trading at a current year Price/Sales of 2.9 and a forward year Price/Sales of 2.7.
- Return on Assets of 4.3% versus sector average of 5.5% and market average of 1.8%.
Rank In Market
In Bottom Quartile
Total Debt to Equity
In Bottom 7%
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] TECHNICALS
- The price dipped 0.8% in the last month. The stock was on volume of 1.1 times average for month.
- In the last three months the stock has hit a new 52-week high fourteen times, pointing to a significant uptrend.
- In the Australian market of 1,173 stocks and 54 units traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative price strength of 68 (it has outperformed 68% of the market).
Beta: The Beta of this stock is 0.8. A Beta lower than 1 suggests this is a low risk, low return stock with volatility less than that of the market.
Volume: there were 2,018,107 shares worth $20.6 million traded.
% Discount to high: it is at a discount of 3.6% to the 12-month high of $10.47 (traded on 31 Jan, 2013).
% Premium to low: it is at a premium of 39.0% to the 12-month low of $7.26 (traded on 10 Jul, 2012).
- The present value of $1,000 (PV$1000) invested one year ago is $1,304 [vs $1,195 for the All Ordinaries Index], for a capital gain of $304. The total return to shareholders for 1 year is 30.4%.
Rank In Market
In Top 5%
In Top Quartile
In Top Quartile
%Prem To VolWtdPr
In Bottom 5%
- The stock dropped 2.6% on high volatility today.
- Open interest advanced for a sixth straight day, rose 0.5% for the day. This was accompanied by a price decline of 2.6%, suggesting a weak market for the day.
- Open interest contracts on exchange traded options included 21,548 put contracts and 48,598 call contracts. The put:call ratio was 0.4, up 0.7% for the day, up 4.5% in the past week and up 62.9% in the past month.
- In the Australian Short Selling market of 423 stocks, short selling (on ASX and CHI-X) as a % of issued shares ranked 45th and within the top quartile of stocks. This means it was higher than market av