NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company (HOSE:TDC), Vietnam's 10th largest engineering & construction company by market capitalisation, slid VND500.0 (or 5.4%) to close at VND8,700.0. Compared with the VN Index, which fell 8.4 points (or 1.8%) on the day, this was a relative price change of -3.7%. The volume was 0.8 times the average trading of 505,880 shares.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] FUNDAMENTALS
- Price/Earnings of 4.6 versus sector average of 9.8 and market average of 12.8.
- The P/E of 4.6 multiplied by the P/NTA of 0.7 is 3.2. Being less than the Benjamin Graham benchmark of 22.5 the stock appears undervalued.
- Tobin's Q Ratio, defined as MCap divided by Total Assets, is 0.3. Compared with the rest of the market the stock is undervalued.
- Return on Equity of 15.1% versus sector average of 6.9% and market average of 12.8%.
- Return on Assets of 7% versus sector average of 1.8% and market average of 2.2%.
- Return on Capital Employed of 18.2% versus sector average of 11.3% and market average of 16.2%.
- Interest cover defined by EBIT/I is 72.3 times. This indicates it is less leveraged.
- Price/Sales of 0.5 versus sector average of 0.4 and market average of 0.9.
- The Price to Book of 0.7 is higher than the average of 0.7 for the Engineering & Construction sector.
Rank In Market
In Top 6%
Total Debt to Equity
In Top Quartile
Net Profit Margin %
In Top Quartile
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] TECHNICALS
- Compared with the VN Index which fell 3.1% for the week, this represented a relative price decrease of 7.2% for the week.
- In the Vietnam market of 561 stocks and 3 units traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative price strength of 51 (it has outperformed 51% of the market).
Beta: The Beta of this stock is 1.1. A Beta greater than 1 suggests this is a high risk, high return stock with volatility greater than that of the market.
Volume: there were 383,870 shares worth VND3.3 billion (US$333,966.9) traded.
% Discount to high: it is at a discount of 42.0% to the 12-month high of VND15,000.0 (traded on 10 May, 2012).
% Premium to low: it is at a premium of 26.1% to the 12-month low of VND6,900.0 (traded on 27 Nov, 2012).
- The present value of VND1,000 (PV1000) invested one year ago is VND1,016 [vs VND1,104 for the VN Index], including a capital loss of VND121 and dividend reinvested of VND137. The total return to shareholders for 1 year is 1.6%.
Rank In Market
In Top Quartile
- The stock dropped 5.4% on high volatility today.
- The stock dropped to a one-month low.
The last 7 company announcements are:
February 20: TDC: Explanation for Business Result in Q4, 2012
[News Story] http://fpts.com.vn/EN/News/Domestic-News/Enterprise-News/Ho-Chi-Minh/2013/02/TDC_explanation-for-business-result-in-q4-2012/ Source: FPT Securities
January 15: Binh Duong Trade and Development director buys
Binh Duong Trade and Development (TDC.VN) director Huynh Van Thu bought 40,500 shares between December 11, 2012 and January 12, 2013. Huynh Van Thu previously held 340,000 shares and now holds 380,500 shares.
December 26: TDC: Closing Subsidiary
[News Story] Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company has informed of the closing of a subsidiary as follows:Name of the office: Tan Thach My Co, ltd.Address: Lot I, Dong Khoi Street, Hoa Phu Ward, ThuDau MotTown, Binh Duong Province. Source: FPT Securities
November 30: TDC: Closing Hanoi Representative Office
[News Story] On November 29, 2012, Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company (TDC) sent HOSE a notice of termination of operation of the representative office in Ha Noi City as follows:Office: Representative Office of Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company in Ha Noi.Address: Room 604, 6th Floor, Noza Building,243 Cau Giay street,Dinh Vong ward, Cau Giay district, Ha Noi city, Viet Nam.
October 22: TDC: Report on the use of capital
[News Story] http://www.hsx.vn/hsx_en/Modules/News/NewsDetail.aspxid=94495 Source: HoChiMinh Stock Exchange
October 05: TDC: Change of Head Office Address
[News Story] Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company disclosed the change of head office address from October 02, 2012 as follows:- New address: No. 26-27, Lot I, Dong Khoi Street, Hoa Phu Ward, Thu Dau Mot city, Binh Duong. Source: HoChiMinh Stock Exchange
July 24: TDC: TDC chooses the auditing company in 2012
[News Story] Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company (stock code: TDC) chose Auditing And Consulting Company Limited A&C to audit TDC's financial statements in year 2012. Source: HoChiMinh Stock Exchange