AUSTRALIAN COMPANY NEWS BITES
Azumah Resources Limited (ASX:AZM) rose 0.10c (or 1.3%) for a second consecutive day on Wednesday bringing its two-day rise to 0.20c or 2.6%. The stock last traded at 7.90c. Compared with the All Ordinaries Index, which rose 37.9 points (or 0.7%) on the day, this was a relative price change of 0.5%. The volume was 0.1 times the average trading of 1.6 million shares.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] FUNDAMENTALS
- The Price to Book of 1.1 is lower than the average of 2.3 for the Materials sector and 2.6 for the Total Australian Market. We estimate the shares are trading at a current year Price to Book of 0.7 and a forward year Price to Book of 0.4.
- The company is cash rich with Cash to Market Capitalisation at 52.6%
- Tobin's Q Ratio, defined as MCap divided by Total Assets, is 0.9. Compared with the rest of the market the stock is undervalued.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] TECHNICALS
- The price fell 3.7% in the last week and crashed 14.1% in the last month.
- In the last three months the stock has hit a new 52-week low seven times, pointing to a significant downtrend.
- In the Australian market of 1,222 stocks and 57 units traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative price strength of 18 (it is trailing 82% of the market).
Beta: The Beta of this stock is 1.2. A Beta greater than 1 suggests this is a high risk, high return stock with volatility greater than that of the market.
Volume: there were 224,794 shares worth $17,847 traded.
% Premium to low: it is at a premium of 14.5% to the 12-month low of 6.90c (traded on 24 Dec, 2012).
- The present value of $1,000 (PV$1000) invested one year ago is $229 [vs $1,234 for the All Ordinaries Index], for a capital loss of $771. The total return to shareholders for 1 year is -77.1%.
- The Relative Strength Index (RSI) of 21.7 has breached the oversold line of 30, suggesting the price decrease in the last 14 days is unusually high.
- The stock is oversold according to the Williams % R indicator of -86.7, suggesting the price is close to its 14-day low.
- The Stochastic indicator of 8.9 has pierced the oversold line of 20.
Rank In Market
In 3rd Quartile
Relative Strength (6M)
In Bottom Quartile
In Bottom Quartile
The last 7 company announcements are:
February 28: Azumah Resources increases issued capital by 0.1%
Azumah Resources (AZM.AU) has announced an increase of 200,000 shares (or 0.1%) in total share on issue from 333,864,096 to 334,064,096. The effective date is 28 Feb, 2013.
February 07: Azumah Resources increases issued capital by 0.01%
Azumah Resources (AZM.AU) has announced an increase of 50,000 shares (or 0.01%) in total share on issue from 333,814,096 to 333,864,096. The effective date is 07 Feb, 2013.
February 04: Azumah Resources: Indaba Investor Presentation
January 21: Azumah Resources: Quarterly Activities Report
January 21: Azumah Resources: Quarterly Cashflow Report
January 17: JPMorgan sells 1.2m Azumah Resources shares
JPMorgan Chase & Co sold 1,235,878 Azumah Resources Ltd shares on January 14 and 15, 2013, decreasing from 17,442,578 shares (5.23%) to 16,206,700 shares (4.86%).
January 17: Azumah Resources substantial shareholder sells; shares at a six-day low
Azumah Resources (AZM.AU) substantial shareholder JP Morgan Asset Management Limited sold 9,303 shares worth approximately $800.1 on January 14, 2013. The selling price was 10.0c. The shares hit a six-day low on the day.
AU:AZM; ASX:AZM; AX:AZM;