ORRVILLE, Ohio, March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jif™,Â the choice of choosy moms, announced the five event finalists of the 11th annual Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest™, a nationwide contest to help foster creativity and encourage families to spend time together in the kitchen. Â Thousands of fans voted to help select the finalists, who will travel to New York City for a special celebration on March 21, 2013, where one grand prize winner will be awarded a $25,000 college fund.
To view the multimedia content, please click: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/56452-jif-most-creative/
- Apple Fries Peanut Butter Surprise!:Â A flour tortilla filled with apple "fries," granola, mini chocolate chips and Jif Creamy Peanut Butter. (Julia T., 9 years old from Mission Viejo, CA)
- Banana Foster PB&B:Â A sweet and savory sandwich layered with Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter, crispy bacon and caramelized bananas on two thick slices of toast. (Matthew R., 10 years old from Edwardsville, IL)
- Banutter Cream Sandwich: Â A creamy, cool treat that blends together frozen bananas, honey and Jif Creamy Peanut Butter, which is then frozen between two chocolate graham crackers. (Ansley P., 11 years old from Hoover, AL)
- Magnificent Mole Chicken Torta:Â A bolillo roll sandwich that features Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread as the base for a mole sauce for pulled rotisserie chicken, and topped with Monterey jack cheese, avocado, lettuce and tomato. (Jacob C., 9 years old from Morganton, NC)
- Peanut Butter Pear-ot: Â A flatbread wrap filled with a combination of Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter with pear, carrot, craisins and celery and coated with Jif Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread and dry roasted peanuts. (Kathryn W., 7 years old from Branchville, NJ)
"For more than 10 years, the Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest has inspired families to foster creativity and memorable moments in the kitchen together," saidÂ Maribeth Badertscher, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. "We congratulate all the participants and can't wait to meet the five finalists in New York City!"
About the Contest:
From July 26 to October 11, 2012, hundreds of creative parent and kid teams from across the country submitted original sandwich recipes for a chance to win a college fund. Â Qualified recipes underwent an initial round of judging to determine 10 online finalists. Then, five event finalists were selected based on a combination of online votes and scores from the preliminary judging round.Â
Next, the five event finalists will attend the Grand Prize Winner Announcement Event in New York City on March 21, 2013.Â One finalist will be awarded the Grand Prize of a $25,000 college fund and the four remaining finalists will each receive a $2,500 college fund. For complete details and Official Rules, visit Jif.com.
About The J. M. Smucker Company
For more than 110 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments.Â Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and health and natural foods beverages inÂ North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker'sÂ ™, FolgersÂ ™, Dunkin' DonutsÂ ™, JifÂ ™, CriscoÂ ™, PillsburyÂ ™, Eagle Brand™, R.W. Knudsen FamilyÂ ™, Hungry JackÂ ™, Cafe BusteloÂ ™, Cafe PilonÂ ™, White LilyÂ ™Â andÂ Martha WhiteÂ ™Â inÂ the United States, along withÂ Robin HoodÂ ™, Five RosesÂ ™, CarnationÂ ™Â and Bick'sÂ ™Â inÂ Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visitÂ www.smuckers.com.
The J. M. Smucker Company is the owner of all trademarks, except for the following which are used under license:Â Â PillsburyÂ ™,Â the Barrelhead logo and the Doughboy character are trademarks of The Pillsbury Company, LLC;Â CarnationÂ ™Â is a trademark of Societe des Produits Nestle S.A.;Dunkin' DonutsÂ ™Â is a registered trademark of DD IP Holder, LLC; andÂ Douwe EgbertsÂ ™Â and PickwickÂ ™Â are registered trademarks ofÂ Sara Lee/DE B.V.Â Â BordenÂ ™Â and Elsie are also trademarks used under license.
SOURCE The J.M. Smucker Company