NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company (HOSE:TDC), Vietnam's 9th largest engineering & construction company by market capitalisation, jumped VND600.0 (or 6.9%) in the trailing week to close at VND9,300.0, ending a two-week streak of losses. Compared with the VN Index which rose 10.7 points (or 2.3%) in the week, this represented a relative price change of 4.6%. The volume was 0.5 times average trading per week of 2,458,690 shares. In the past week the market capitalisation has jumped VND60 billion.
LONG-TERM RATING (FUNDAMENTALS)
The company paid a dividend of VND2,000.0 in the last twelve months.
% Prem to Low
Earning Yield %
% Disc to High
SHORT-TERM RATING (TECHNICAL)
Its price change has been positive in the short-term over 5 days and medium-term over 3 months despite its fall over the period of 1 year. Significantly its price of VND9,300.0 is at a premium of 6% to its 200-day moving average price of VND8,757.33. Its 52-week range has been VND15,000.0 to VND6,900.0; it is trading at a discount of 38% to its 52-week high and a premium of 34.8% to its 52-week low. VND1,000 invested a week ago is now worth VND1,069 of which VND69 is a capital gain.
Recommended stop loss: VND8,602.50
Present Value VND1000 (1 year)
1-week price change (%)
Relative Strength (6M)
1-month price change (%)
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS
The stock meets the following value criterion set by Benjamin Graham:
-"Total debt less than tangible book value"; total debt of VND295.3 billion (US$2,953,112.2 billion) is less than tangible book value of VND1,242.5 billion.
-"Total debt equal or less than twice the net quick liquidation value"; total debt of VND295.3 billion (US$2,953,112.2 billion) is 0.13 times the net liquidation value of VND2,215.2 billion.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- The price jumped 6.9% in the last week.
- Compared with the VN Index which rose 2.3% for the week, this represented a relative price increase of 4.6% for the week.
- The price to 50-day EMAP ratio is 1.05, a bullish indicator. In the past 50 days this ratio has exceeded 1.05, 35 times suggesting further upside. The 50-day EMAP has increased to VND8,878.61. An increase is another bullish indicator.
- The price sank 5.1% in the last month.
- Compared with the VN Index which fell 2.6% for the month, this represented a relative price decrease of 2.5% for the month.
- In the Vietnam market of 555 stocks & 3 units traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative strength of 65 which means it has outperformed 65% of the market.
Trailing five weeks: the stock fell ten times (38% of the time), rose nine times (35% of the time) and was unchanged six times (23% of the time). The volume was 0.7 times average trading of 12,785,188 shares. The value of VND1,000 invested five weeks ago is VND1,033 [vs VND974 for the VN Index] for a capital gain of VND33.
Trailing thirteen weeks: the stock rose twenty seven times (42% of the time), fell twenty four times (37% of the time), was unchanged twelve times (18% of the time) and was untraded once (2% of the time). The volume was 0.5 times average trading of 31,471,232 shares. The value of VND1,000 invested thirteen weeks ago is VND1,069 [vs VND1,227 for the VN Index] for a capital gain