AUSTRALIAN COMPANY NEWS BITES
Minemakers Limited (ASX:MAK), Australia's 198th largest materials company by market capitalisation, closed unchanged at 13.0c. The price is at a discount of 7.1% to the 1-month volume weighted average price of 14.0c, which may appeal as a value proposition. The stock was unchanged for a sixth straight day on Tuesday. Compared with the All Ordinaries Index, which fell 21.5 points (or 0.4%) on the day, this was a relative price change of 0.4%.
- The price dropped 3.7% in the last week and tumbled 7.1% in the last month.
- Compared with the All Ordinaries Index which fell 2.5% for the week and 1.7% for the month, this represented a relative price decrease of 1.2% for the week and 5.5% for the month.
- In the last three months the stock has hit a new 52-week low twice.
- The present value of $1,000 (PV$1000) invested one year ago is $464, for a capital loss of $536.
All Ordinaries Index
Fundamental measures by comparison with the sector average [in brackets] indicate Overvaluation:
- Price/Sales of 5.4 [1.3].
Rank In Market
In Bottom Quartile
Volume: there were 465,415 shares worth $58,807 traded. The volume was 1.5 times the average trading of 308,128 shares.
Beta: the Beta of this stock is 1.7. A Beta greater than 1 suggests this is a high risk, high return stock with volatility greater than that of the market.
- It is at a discount of 56.7% to the 12-month high of 30.0c on 19 Mar, 2012. It is also at a premium of 8.3% to the 12-month low of 12.0c on 19 Mar, 2013.
Fundamental measures by comparison with the sector average [in brackets] indicate Undervaluation:
- Price to Book of 0.5 [2.3]. We estimate the shares are trading at a current year Price to Book of 0.6 and a forward year Price to Book of 0.6.
- The company is cash rich with Cash to Market Capitalisation at 29.2%.
- Tobin's Q Ratio, defined as MCap divided by Total Assets, is 0.5. Compared with the rest of the market the stock is undervalued.
Rank In Market
In 3rd Quartile
The last 7 company announcements are:
March 13: Minemakers: Half Year Accounts
January 31: Minemakers: Quarterly Activities Report
January 31: Minemakers: Quarterly Cashflow Report
January 23: Minemakers: MOU Provides Potential Entry into Togolese Phosphate Project
[Company Release]Minemakers Limited (ASX and TSX: MAK; NSX: MMS) (Minemakers) is pleased to advise that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Balamara Resources Limited (Balamara, ASX: BMB).Balamara is one of the three entities shortlisted by the Government of the Republic of Togo to submit a tender to be to be evaluated for the grant of a concession over major phosphate deposits adjacent to those currently being worked in that country by a government-owned corporation.The deposits are collectively known as the Carbonated Phosphate Project (Project).
January 23: Minemakers: MAK: Amended Release MOU Provides Potential Entry
December 21: Minemakers appoints Non Executive Director
Minemakers has appointed Ian McCubbing as a Non Executive Director. The effective date is December 21, 2012.
December 19: Minemakers substantial shareholder buys; shares at an eight-day low
Minemakers (MAK.AU) substantial shareholder Solution Management Pty Limited (Lawrenson Family A/C) bought 50,000 shares worth approximately $8,750 on December 18, 2012. Solution Management Pty Limited (Lawrenson Family A/C) previously held 1,100,000 shares and now holds 1,150,000 shares.
AU:MAK; ASX:MAK; AX:MAK;