NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
China Television Company (TWSE:9928), Taiwan's 2nd largest media company by market capitalisation, closed unchanged at TWD14.95, ending a five-day streak of losses. Compared with the FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index, which fell 9.9 points (or 0.2%) on the day, this was a relative price change of 0.2%. Trading volume was 49% lighter than average.
- The price decreased 1.6% in the last week and sank 4.5% in the last month.
- The present value of TWD1,000 (PV$1000) invested one year ago is TWD773, for a capital loss of TWD227.
FTSE TWSE Taiwan 50 Index
Rank In Market
In Bottom Quartile
Relative Strength (6M)
In Bottom 9%
Total Debt to Equity
In Bottom 3%
Volume: there were 150,000 shares worth TWD2.2 million (US$75,123.8) traded.
Beta: the Beta of this stock is 0.7. A Beta lower than 1 suggests this is a low risk, low return stock with volatility less than that of the market.
- It is at a discount of 24.5% to the 12-month high of TWD19.80 on 19 Sep, 2012. It is also at a premium of 11.6% to the 12-month low of TWD13.40 on 04 Jun, 2012.
Fundamental measures by comparison with the sector average [in brackets] indicate Undervaluation:
- Price/Sales of 1.2 [2.8].
- Price to Book of 1.3 [2.1].
- The company is cash rich with Cash to Market Capitalisation at 20.4%.
- Tobin's Q Ratio, defined as MCap divided by Total Assets, is 0.4. Compared with the rest of the market the stock is undervalued and ranks in the top quartile of stock by value of Q Ratio.
Rank In Market
In 3rd Quartile
The last company announcement is:
June 13: China Television Company announces Shareholder's Meeting
[News Story] China Television Company has announced its Shareholder's Meeting will take place on Wednesday 13 June 2012. Source: Taiwan Stock Exchange
TW:9928; TPE:9928; TT:9928;