NEWS BITES ASIAN MARKETS
AEON Credit Service (MYX:5139) rose 36.0 sen (or 2.8%) on high volume to close at MYR13.06. Compared with the FTSE Bursa Malaysia 100 Index which fell 11.1 points (or 0.1%) in the week, this represented a relative price change of 2.9%. The stock rose for a fourth consecutive week on Friday. In the past week the market capitalisation has lifted MYR51.8 million.
LONG-TERM RATING (FUNDAMENTALS)
The company paid a dividend of 16.0 sen in the last twelve months. The dividend yield is low at 1.2%.
% Prem to Low
Earning Yield %
% Disc to High
SHORT-TERM RATING (TECHNICAL)
Its price change has been positive in the short-term over 5 days, medium-term over 3 months and over the period of 1 year. Significantly its price of MYR13.06 is at a premium of 19% to its 200-day moving average price of MYR11.01. Its 52-week range has been MYR13.72 to MYR7.01; it is trading at a discount of 4.8% to its 52-week high and a premium of 86.4% to its 52-week low. MYR1,000 invested a week ago is now worth MYR1,028 of which MYR28 is a capital gain.
Recommended stop loss: MYR12.08
Present Value MYR1000 (1 year)
1-week price change (%)
Relative Strength (6M)
1-month price change (%)
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS
The stock meets the following value criteria set by Benjamin Graham:
-"Current ratio of two or more"; current assets are 2.78 times current liabilities.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS - RVI - TECHNICAL ANALYSIS
- The price soared 13.8% in the last month.
- This has been propped up by firm volume of 1.2 times average for the month.
- Compared with the FTSE Bursa Malaysia 100 Index which rose 1.0% for the month, this represented a relative price increase of 12.8% for the month.
- In the Malaysian market of 718 stocks traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative strength of 92 which means it is beating 92% of the market.
- A price rise combined with a high relative strength is a bullish signal.
- The price to 50-day EMAP ratio is 1.1, a bullish indicator. The 50-day EMAP has increased to MYR12.08. An increase is another bullish indicator.
Trailing five weeks: the stock rose thirteen times (50% of the time), was unchanged six times (23% of the time) and fell six times (23% of the time). The volume was 1.4 times average trading of 33,488 shares. The value of MYR1,000 invested five weeks ago is MYR1,187 [vs MYR1,006 for the FTSE Bursa Malaysia 100 Index] for a capital gain of MYR187.
Trailing thirteen weeks: the stock fell twenty eight times (47% of the time), rose twenty three times (39% of the time) and was unchanged seven times (12% of the time). The volume was 1.7 times average trading of 75,992 shares. The value of MYR1,000 invested thirteen weeks ago is MYR1,088 [vs MYR990 for the FTSE Bursa Malaysia 100 Index] for a capital gain of MYR88.
Trailing Two Years: the value of MYR1,000 invested two years ago is MYR4,427 [vs MYR1,085 for the FTSE Bursa Malaysia 100 Index], including a capital gain of MYR3,126 and dividend reinvested of MYR301.
PRICE VOLUME DYNAMICS
Volatility: the stock traded between an intraweek low of MYR12.50 and a 15-week high of MYR13.06.