STONY PLAIN, AB, April 26, 2014 /CNW/ - TD Canada Trust celebrated today, the official grand opening of its new state-of-the-art branch in the community of Stony Plain. Located at 4404 48th Street, the new branch is full-service and is open seven days a week to serve the growing community's banking needs. In recognition of the event, the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation made a $5,000 donation to Little Green Thumbs.
"After serving the community at our temporary location for several months, we're thrilled to invite customers to visit us at our new convenient, permanent location," said Monique Bateman, Senior Vice President, TD Canada Trust, Prairie Region. "Our new branch offers a popular coin counter machine and customer lounge along with several other features that make banking with TD friendly and comfortable."
Features of the new branch include:
- An open concept design that helps TD serve customers better by moving financial specialists out from behind desks and right into the presence of customers.
- A community room designed for use by groups of customers including families, businesses and not-for-profit groups. This room is available free-of-charge and includes business services such as video conferencing capabilities, a printer and a fax machine.
- Digital displays mounted throughout the branch to provide customers with current information about TD products and services.
- A customer lounge with a coffee station lets customers wait in comfort if they arrive early for an appointment or are waiting for their friends or family to complete their banking.
- A coin counter available for use, free-of-charge for TD personal banking customers.
As part of TD Canada Trust's extended hours the branch is open Monday through Wednesday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Thursday and Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm; Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; and Sunday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. The new branch is wheelchair accessible and features a coin counter, a full-service Green Machine ATM and a drive-through ATM available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Contribution to local environmental initiative
Little Green Thumbs which is a part of the Multicultural Heritage Centre and is an indoor gardening program that gives elementary and high school students the opportunity to become food producers right in their own classroom. This hands on, inquiry based education program helps young people learn the value of their health, the environment and their community. As students actively co-operate to care for their garden, they learn about nutrition, environmental stewardship, sustainable food systems, and community interdependence.
About TD Canada Trust
TD Canada Trust offers personal and business banking to more than 11.5 million customers. We provide a wide range of products and services from chequing and savings accounts, to credit cards, mortgages and business banking, to credit protection and travel medical insurance, as well as advice on managing everyday finances. TD Canada Trust makes banking comfortable with award-winning service and convenience through 24/7 mobile, internet, telephone and ATM banking, as well as in over 1,100 branches, with convenient hours to serve customers better. For more information, please visit: www.tdcanadatrust.com. TD Canada Trust is the Canadian retail bank of TD Bank Group, the sixth largest bank in North America.
About TD Friends of the Environment Foundation
Since 1990, TD FEF has provided more than $60 million in funding to more than 21,000 environmental projects across Canada. In 2012, TD FEF provided more than $4.8 million in support of 1,089 projects. Thousands of donors give to TD FEF on a monthly basis and TD Bank Group contributes in excess of $1 million annually. TD also covers the management costs of running TD FEF, which guarantees 100 per cent of every dollar donated goes directly to funding environmental projects and programs. For more information on how to donate, visit www.tdfef.com.
SOURCE TD Canada Trust