SAN JOSE, Calif., May 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
The ARMv8-A architecture, with its 64-bit support, enables ARM processors to become more broadly deployed in server and desktop applications as well as the migration of 64-bit operating systems to mobile applications. Find out more about the Cortex-A50 processor series at http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-a50/index.php.
"We are dedicated to empowering developers, designers and engineers to innovate around ARM technology and ensuring a fast, reliable route to market," said Pete Hutton, executive vice president and president of product groups, ARM. "The co-optimized tools, IP and physical libraries resulting from this agreement will accelerate the deployment of ARM's most advanced technologies. We expect that this will be a huge boost to developers of mobile devices and servers and to exploding market for the Internet of Things."
Key features of the agreement:
- Expands Cadence's ARM-based solution to provide 64-bit SoC optimized tools and flows. With access to this ARM IP, Cadence can tune performance, enhance debug and deliver a more streamlined process to enable shorter ARM-based system development
- Augments ARM-based RTL-to-GDSII design, implementation and signoff flow to deliver optimum PPA.
- Broadens existing ARM-based system verification solution to expand design, integration, and hardware/software verification environment for cache coherent multi-core 64-bit designs.
- Automated creation of verification environments and performance analysis for ARM System IP allows designers to adopt and verify earlier and with more confidence
- Provides training for mutual customers on the use of Cadence tools with ARM technology.
"Cadence becoming the first EDA partner to access ARMv8-A deepens our collaborative customer enablement, flow optimizations and development and deployment of ARM processor IP-centric automation technologies," said Charlie Huang, senior vice president, Worldwide Field Operations and System & Verification Group at Cadence. "Jointly we can provide better system design enablement, meeting our mutual customers' time-to-market needs for power-efficient 64-bit market-leading products."
Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS) plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available here.
© 2014 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence and the Cadence logo are registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries. ARM, Artisan, and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. Mali is a trademark of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All rights reserved.
For more information, please contact:
SOURCE Cadence Design Systems, Inc.