- FibreOP™ is a 100% fibre optic network delivering the fastest Internet speeds and best TV combined with experienced customer service and competitive pricing
- Builds on Bell's successful launch of its Fibre-to-the-home network across the Quebec City region
- Customers can get a sneak peek of FibreOP at the Festival International des Rythmes du Monde
CHICOUTIMI, QC, July 15, 2014 /CNW/ -
FibreOP is coming to the following communities this fall: Alma, Saguenay (including Chicoutimi, JonquiÃ¨re and La Baie), Saint-Félicien, Thetford Mines and Victoriaville. Additional communities including RiviÃ¨re-du-Loup and Roberval will be added by year-end. This service will be competitively priced and will focus on delivering the best bundle value at the right price for customers.
"Fibre-to-the-home is a game changer and we are excited to be bringing this world-class network to more people in Quebec," said Karen Sheriff, President and CEO at Bell Aliant. "Today's consumers are more connected than ever and are demanding more bandwidth and speed. By delivering a 100 per cent fibre optic connection directly to customers' homes we can continue to bring the fastest Internet and TV experience today and in the future."
Bell Aliant's launch builds on the success of its FibreOP rollout in Atlantic Canada and Ontario as well as Bell's major rollout of FTTH technology across the Quebec City region. Fibre-to-the-home technology is instrumental in both companies' broadband strategies and the response to Bell Canada's Fibe service in Quebec City, its fastest growing residential market, has been overwhelmingly positive.
"We are extremely pleased that Bell Aliant is expanding their fibre-to-the-home technology to the Saguenay area," said Jean Tremblay, Mayor of Saguenay. "This innovative broadband network will meet the needs of our citizens and will make our community even more attractive for new investments."
As Internet use continues to evolve, more and more people are using several devices in the home at the same time. Bell FibreOP can easily handle multiple connected devices, large data files and streaming video simultaneously with download speeds of up to 250 Mbps, and upload speeds as high as 30 Mbps. With Bell FibreOP, it is like customers have their own personal Internet highway that lets them have the fastest Internet experience. It also delivers the best TV experience with more than 131 HD channels, the best Whole Home PVR, and amazing apps like Facebook, Twitter, Galaxie Music, and the Weather Network.
Consumers can test drive FibreOP at the Festival International des Rythmes du Mondes at our booth located on 400 rue Racine Est on July 24-Aug 1. On August 14- 16, the FibreOP experience will be showcased at the Festival de la RelÃ¨ve in Thetford Mines. Quebec customers can pre-register for the FibreOP service at www.fibreop.ca and follow us on Facebook.
Bell Aliant now deploys FTTH to more than 827,000 premises in more than 70 communities throughout Atlantic Canada and Ontario. The company is on track to meet its FTTH footprint target of one million available premises by the end of 2014.
- FibreOP advantage: A direct fibre-to-the-home connection that offers the fastest Internet in the market with limitless potential to increase speeds in the future.
- There's an app for that: Bell Aliant also offers social TV apps with its superior TV offering along with over 131 HD channels and the best Whole Home PVR. FibreOP's suite of apps includes Facebook, Twitter, the Weather Network and Galaxie.
- Leading the way: Bell Aliant was the first to cover an entire city with fibre-to-the-home and was recognized for North American innovation and leadership in FTTH deployment with the FTTXcellence Award.
About Bell Aliant
Bell Aliant (TSX: BA) is one of North America's largest regional communications providers and the first company in Canada to cover an entire city with fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) technology with its FibreOP™ services. Through its operating entities, it serves customers in six Canadian provinces with innovative information, communication and technology services including voice, data, Internet, video and value-added business solutions. Bell Aliant's employees deliver the highest quality customer service, choice and convenience.
SOURCE Bell Aliant Inc.