PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 15, 2014--
Larry Young, president and CEO of DPS, lauded the accomplishments achieved since the goals were set in 2010 and said DPS will evaluate the results and develop a road map for the years ahead, building upon existing and new priority areas.
“Our progress has tangible results that are positively impacting customers, consumers, communities, shareholders and our own employees. In advancing our sustainability goals, we're developing operational excellence that helps drive positive change in our business,” said Young. “The mark of a great business is not how you perform during the easy times, but how you deliver results when things are difficult. And Dr Pepper Snapple has continued to win in the marketplace and improve as an organization.”
Among the highlights of the report, the company:
- Achieved a 40 percent reduction in its lost-time injury frequency rate since 2009, surpassing its original goal of 25 percent.
- Entered the next phase of its Let's Play initiative, which over the past three years has benefited more than 5 million kids. With an additional $10 million partnership with KaBOOM! to build or fix up playgrounds and a $1 million partnership with Good Sports to provide sports equipment and gear, the company will benefit another 2.6 million kids.
- Exceeded two of its environmental sustainability goals by conserving 60.7 million pounds of PET through lightweighting and packaging redesigns since 2007 and replacing nearly 69,000 outdated coolers and venders with more energy-efficient equipment since 2009.
- Once again exceeded its goal to have more of its innovation projects focused on reduced calories, smaller portion sizes and improved nutrition, and launched its TEN™ platform nationally, expanding the full-flavored, 10-calorie platform beyond Dr Pepper to include five additional flavors: 7UP TEN™, Canada Dry TEN™, Sunkist Soda™ TEN™, A&W TEN™ and RC TEN™.
- Ensured that 100 percent of its suppliers identified as high risk have been audited for compliance with its Ethical Sourcing Code of Conduct.
- Was recognized among the Civic 50 for the second consecutive year, being named among the top 50 S&P 500 companies that best use their time, talent and resources to improve the quality of life where they do business.
The full 2014 report and more information on DPS sustainability goals and initiatives can be found at www.dpsgsustainability.com.
About Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) is a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 13 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 or No. 2 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Clamato, Crush, Hawaiian Punch, Mott's, Mr & Mrs T mixers, PeÃ±afiel, Rose's, Schweppes, Squirt and Sunkist soda. To learn more about our iconic brands and Plano, Texas-based company, please visit DrPepperSnapple.com. For our latest news and updates, follow us at Facebook.com/DrPepperSnapple or Twitter.com/DrPepperSnapple. For more information on DPS's philanthropic efforts and sustainability goals, visit www.dpsgsustainability.com.
Source: Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Chris Barnes, 972-673-5539