September 21, 2014 5:16 PM ET

Capital Markets

Company Overview of Altimo

Company Overview

Altimo is an investment firm specializing in direct and fund of fund investments. For direct investments, it seeks to make turnaround, emerging growth, and growth capital investments. It seeks to invest in the telecommunications industry with a focus on mobile telecommunications and fixed-line communications. It invests in companies based in Europe including United Kingdom, Nordic region, Russia, the CIS region, Turkey, Africa including Cambodia and in the South-East Asian markets especially in Vietnam and Indonesia. For fund of fund, it seeks to invest in private equity funds. The firm prefers strong minority positions in those companies that do not have a controlling shareholder. Altimo wa...

11 Savvinskaya naberezhnaya

Moscow,  119435

Russia

Founded in 2005

Phone:

7 4959 81 44 88

Fax:

7 4959 81 44 48

Key Executives for Altimo

Chief Executive Officer
Age: 46
Managing Director
Chief Financial Officer
Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
Vice President
Age: 43
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

Altimo Key Developments

Altimo Appoints Igor Sergeyevich Ivanov to its International Advisory Board

Altimo announced the appointment of Minister Igor Sergeyevich Ivanov to its International Advisory Board. Igor S. Ivanov is the President of the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) and a Professor at Moscow State Institute of International Relations.

UK's Higher Court Sides with Altimo on Turkcell Dispute

U.K.'s Privy Council has ruled that Turkey's Cukurova Group must transfer a stake in Turkish cellular operator Turkcell to Altimo citing a failure to meet a loan obligation. The British court also rejected a claim by Cukurova stating that Altimo takes hostile steps against Cukurova. The Privy Council also said that the stake should be confiscated from Cukurova under a simplified procedure that will be soon developed. In 2005, Alfa Group agreed with Cukurova Group to buy a 49% stake in Cukurova Telecom Holding, the remaining 51% stake was kept by Cukurova Group. As a result of the deal, Altimo gained control over a 13.22% stake in Turkcell. In exchange, the Russian company provided a $1.707 billion loan to Cukurova Group, which used a 13.80% stake in Turkcell as collateral for the loan. Altimo said that Cukurova Group had violated the terms of the loan agreement and failed to repay the loan.

Telenor And Altimo Reportedly To Buy 6% Stake In VimpelCom

Telenor ASA and Altimo may reportedly together acquire 6% stake of Viktor Pinchuk in VimpelCom Ltd.to reach parity as reported by Vedomosti citing Russia’s antitrust regulator. An ideal solution to the feud between Telenor and Altimo would be for the two investors to acquire Pinchuk’s shares together, Igor Artemyev, Head of Russian Anti-Monopoly Service told reporters. Russia’s antitrust regulator will seek to postpone a court hearing of its claim versus Fornebu, Norway-based Telenor, which was scheduled for October 17, 2012 to give the parties time to reach an out-of-court settlement, according to Vedomosti.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Open Joint Stock Company "Investment Company "Eurofinance" Europe
Zerich Capital Management Europe
UBS Securities CJSC Europe
Atlant Invest Ltd. Europe
Sovintech, OOO Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Merger/Acquisition
February 20, 2014
--
Merger/Acquisition
January 26, 2014
--
Merger/Acquisition
November 7, 2013
--
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Altimo, please visit www.altimo.org. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.