April 18, 2014 8:33 PM ET

Capital Markets

Company Overview of Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A.

Company Overview

Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A. is a private equity firm specializing in investments in industry consolidations, growth capital, emerging growth, mature, convertible, and subordinated bonds, and preferred equity. It seeks to invest in defense, security, infrastructure and public services, transportation, distribution and supply chain, communications, energy, insurance and financial brokerage/intermediation, hi-tech research, and high technology sectors. It seeks to invest in companies incorporated in Italy and operating worldwide. The firm seeks to invest in companies with a minimum turnover of €240 million ($326.11 million) and an average of at least 200 employees. The firm may also consi...

Palazzo Busca

Corso Magenta no. 71

Milan,  20123


Founded in 2011


39 028 904061


39 02 46 74 43 62

Key Executives for Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A.

Chief Executive Officer
Age: 47
Head of Internal Auditing
Director and Member of Investment Committee
Director and Member of Investment Committee
Director and Member of Investment Committee
Age: 49
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2013.

Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A. Key Developments

Fondo Strategico Italiano Reportedly Eyeing Deoleo

Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A. has made a bid to acquire stake in Deoleo SA (CATS:OLE). New York Times reported that The Carlyle Group LP (NasdaqGS:CG) and Rhône Group LLC also offer to acquire the stake. According to the report, Spain's agriculture minister, Miguel Arias Canete, said recently that the government ‘is following this process very closely’ and ‘we don't want the company to be cut up into bits.’ Reuters reported that the government is interested in buying a minority stake in Deoleo.

Telecom Italia Reportedly Eyeing Metroweb

Telecom Italia S.p.A. (BIT:TIT) may acquire a stake in Metroweb S.p.A. Bloomberg reported citing sources familiar with the matter as saying that the company may be studying the acquisition of a minority stake Metroweb from Vito Gamberale’s Fondo Italiano per le Infrastrutture (F2i infrastructure fund. F2i owns a 53.8% stake in Metroweb and the remaining 46.2% is held by Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A. Telecom Italia is said to be willing to invest some €300 million Metroweb. According to the sources, the discussions are at an early stage. La Stampa added that Telecom Italia's Chief Executive Officer, Marco Patuano said that it is just a market rumor and declined to comment.

Fondo Strategico Reportedly To Acquire Stake In Deoleo

Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A. made an offer to buy a 30% stake in Deoleo SA (CATS:OLE); CaixaBank, S.A. (CATS:CABK) and Bankia, S.A. (CATS:BKIA), Reuters reported. Reuters reported the FSI had confirmed the bid for the stake in Deoleo. However, Fondo Strategico Italiano has refused to comment on reports. Speaking to just-food, a spokesperson for the FSI said he had "no comment" on the matter, insisting the fund had made "no official comment to Reuters". However, reacting to the Reuters report, a spokesperson for Deoleo refused to disclose whether FSI was a bidder, adding it is "a confidential process and we cannot give any details". A spokesperson for Bankia told just-food the bank was looking at selling "non-strategic" assets but refused to comment further. "Bankia have intention to sell all assets not considered strategic," the spokesperson said. No one from Caixabank was available to comment.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Benedetti, Rossi & Partners Europe
Four Partners Advisory SIM S.p.A. Europe
Integræ Sim S.p.A. Europe
UBS Italia SIM SpA Europe
Madison Corporate Finance S.r.l. Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Private Placement
December 15, 2013
Valvitalia Group S.p.A.
December 2, 2013
SIA S.p.A.
October 4, 2013
Ansaldo Energia S.p.A.

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Post a JobJobs

View all jobs

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Fondo Strategico Italiano S.p.A., please visit www.fondostrategico.it. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.