July 14, 2014 5:00 AM ET

Capital Markets

Company Overview of UK Green Investment Bank PLC

Company Overview

UK Green Investment Bank PLC is a principal investment firm specializing in infrastructure investments in the operational phase and construction phase. It also provides senior, secured long term debt. The firm does not provide grants or regional assistance and venture capital or development equity. The firm primarily invests in sustainable projects with a focus on offshore wind, green deal, non-domestic energy efficiency, and waste sectors. It also invests in the non-priority bio-energy, biofuels for transport, biomass power, carbon capture and storage, marine energy, and renewable heat sector. It seeks to invest 80 percent of its capital in the priority sectors and the remaining 20 percent ...

Atria One

Level 7

144 Morrison Street

Edinburgh,  EH3 8EX

United Kingdom

Founded in 2012

Phone:

44 33 0123 2167

Key Executives for UK Green Investment Bank PLC

Chief Executive
Director of Non-Domestic Energy Efficiency
Managing Director
Finance Director
Group Operations Director
Age: 48
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

UK Green Investment Bank PLC Key Developments

UK Green Seeks Financing

UK Green Investment Bank PLC is planning to raise £1 billion to encourage new investors to put money into offshore windfarms. Shaun Kingsbury, Chief Executive Officer, said, "We plan to extend our reach into new markets like community-scale renewables. And we plan to raise new capital for the first time through a new £1 billion fund for operating offshore wind assets”.

UK Green Investment Bank Announces Earnings Results for the Financial Year 2013 - 2014

UK Green Investment Bank announced earnings results for the financial year 2013-2014. Investment income was £15,407,000, compared to £1,992,000 for the last year. Loss before income tax from continuing operations was £5,746,000, compared to £6,212,000 for the last year. Loss for the period from continuing operations was £4,229,000, compared to £5,007,000 for the last year.

UK Green Investment Bank Plans Acquisitions

UK Green Investment Bank PLC is planning to launch a £1 billion fund to acquire equity stakes in operational offshore wind projects in the UK. Lord Smith of Kelvin, chair of the Green Investment Bank, says, "We want to do more to maximize our green impact. We plan to extend our reach into new markets like community-scale renewables. And we plan to raise new capital for the first time through the creation of a new GBP1billion fund for operating offshore wind assets."

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
G F Baskeyfield & Company Europe
Barclays Capital Securities Limited Europe
Bertoli Mitchell LLP Europe
Centric Group Holdings Ltd. Europe
Credit Suisse Investments (UK) Europe

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Merger/Acquisition
March 31, 2014
Gwynt Y Môr Offshore Wind Farm Limited
Merger/Acquisition
March 31, 2014
DONG Energy AS, Westermost Rough Offshore Wind Farm
Private Placement
July 17, 2013
The Tomatin Distillery Co. Ltd
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact UK Green Investment Bank PLC, please visit www.greeninvestmentbank.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.