July 12, 2014 5:44 AM ET

Metals and Mining

Company Overview of Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited

Company Overview

Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited manufactures steel. The company owns and operates iron and steel plants. Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited was founded in 1979 and is based in Ajaokuta, Nigeria.

P.M.B 1000

Kogi State

Ajaokuta,  

Nigeria

Founded in 1979

Key Executives for Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited

Chairman of Interim Management Committee and Chief Executive Officer
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited Key Developments

Kano Electricity Distribution Company and Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited Sign Power Purchase Agreement

The Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) and Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited have signed a power purchase agreement (PPA) designed to improve power distribution and supply in some neighbouring states and countries. The company also disclosed that 85% of the power generated from the Ajaokuta Thermal will be for KEDCO, while the remaining 15% will be for Ajaokuta town, explaining that the project would be executed in phases, as not less that 25-30 Mega Watts is expected to be transmitted to KEDCO within the next three weeks.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Nigerian Mining Corporation Middle East/Africa
Manny Oil & Chemicals Limited Middle East/Africa
Western Metal Products Company Limited Middle East/Africa
Bendel Steel Structures Ltd. Middle East/Africa
Pipe Coaters Nigeria Ltd. Middle East/Africa

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited, please visit --. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.