Company Overview of Tata Sons Limited
Tata Sons Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the businesses of communications and information technology, engineering, materials, services, energy, consumer products, and chemicals in India and internationally. It offers solutions in the areas of software and other information systems, telecommunications, and industrial automation. The company also offers various engineering products and services; provides insurance, realty, and financial and other services; offers steel and composites; engages in the power generation, transmission, and distribution business; and engages in the oil and gas, watches and jewelry, and retail businesses. In addition, it produces soda ash, as well as h...
24, Homi Mody Street
Mumbai, 400 001
Founded in 1868
Key Executives for Tata Sons Limited
Senior Vice President of Finance
Chief Executive Officer of Tata Consultancy Services and Managing Director of Tata Consultancy Services
Chief Executive Officer of Tata Technologies and Managing Director of Tata Technologies
Chief Executive Officer of Indian Hotels Company and Managing Director of Indian Hotels Company
Chief Executive Officer of Serwizsol
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2013.
Tata Sons Limited Key Developments
TRIL Cannot Bid For Chennai Airport
Dec 9 13
Tata Realty and Infrastructure Limited (TRIL) cannot bid for Chennai International Airport because the aviation ministry requires that no related company holds an equity interest that exceeds 5% in an airline firm. "Given the conditions in the RFQ (request for qualification) documents for the bidding process of Chennai airport, TRIL is not eligible to bid for the Chennai airport. The government has spelled out a condition and TRIL is not eligible to bid for the Airports Authority of India controlled airports under the said conditions. So there is no question of challenging it.” said a spokesman for TRIL. A senior airport consultant, requesting anonymity said, “Now, Tata group companies would not be able to bid for any airports in the current format. Globally, in the private sector, airlines are barred from picking up a stake in airports citing conflict of interest. The government's view on this is clear and very much in line with international practices.” Tata group can bid for the airport projects only if it floats a special purpose vehicle in such a way that it is adhering to the civil aviation ministry's norms, he added. However, senior Tata Group executive has ruled out any possibilities of creating a new structure to bid for airport projects. "We have not received any request from Tata group on the Chennai airport issue. Once we get a request, we will certainly examine it," said a senior civil aviation ministry official. A TRIL spokesperson did not offer any comments when asked if his company has sought for waiver of the said conditions.
Tata Sons North America Presents at SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit, Oct-31-2013 03:30 PM
Oct 29 13
Tata Sons North America Presents at SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit, Oct-31-2013 03:30 PM. Venue: Washington, District Of Columbia, United States. Speakers: Kapil Sharma, Senior General Manager.
Government Approves Tata-SIA Joint Venture Airline Between the Tata Group and Singapore International Airlines
Oct 21 13
The ministry of corporate affairs has approved the use of the name `Tata SIA Airlines Ltd' for the proposed airline venture between the Tata Group and Singapore International Airlines. The name registration is the first step to getting a new company incorporated. The proposed joint venture is yet to receive approval from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) as the board has postponed a meeting to take up the proposal from 18 October to 24 October. Tatas will have majority ownership in the joint venture with 51% interest while Singapore International Airline will own the remaining 49% stake. The two airlines have assured the government that majority control of their proposed venture would always remain in Indian hands. The partners will now submit other documents such as the share capital of the proposed venture, composition of the board of directors, articles of association, areas of operation, etc. with the concerned regulatory authorities. The joint venture, which will have an initial investment of $100 million, expects to take off next year after all government and regulatory approvals are obtained.
Similar Private Companies By Industry
Recent Private Companies Transactions