December 19, 2014 9:22 PM ET

Auto Components

Company Overview of EcoMotors International Inc.

Company Overview

EcoMotors International Inc. develops opposed piston opposed cylinder engines for use in cars, light trucks, marine applications, agricultural vehicles, stationary generators, etc. Its products are used in various propulsion and power-generation applications. The company serves customers in automotive and non-automotive markets. EcoMotors International Inc. was founded in 2008 and is based in Allen Park, Michigan.

17000 Federal Drive

Suite 200

Allen Park, MI 48101

United States

Founded in 2008

Phone:

313-294-5700

Fax:

313-982-1935

Key Executives for EcoMotors International Inc.

Chief Executive Officer
Age: 68
Co-Founder
Age: 73
Chief Financial officer
Age: 52
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Engineer - Engine Programs
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

EcoMotors International Inc. Key Developments

EcoMotors International Forms Joint Venture with First Auto Works Jingye Engine Company

EcoMotors International and First Auto Works Jingye Engine Company have formed a joint venture (JV), BEM (Shanxi) Co. Ltd., to develop, manufacture, sell and service the opoc engine technology in China. First Auto Works Jingye Engine is a subsidiary of China FAW Group Corporation. Under the terms of the transaction, First Auto Works Jingye Engine will fund the building of the commercial-scale plant in China's Shanxi Province with a total investment in excess of $200 million. First Auto Works Jingye Engine will hold a 51% stake, while EcoMotors will hold the remaining 49% stake in the JV. The JV is expected to begin in late 2014 at the new facility, with an estimated production capacity of 100,000 engines per year beginning in 2015.

EcoMotors Seeks Partners Seeks Partners

EcoMotors International Inc. is looking for new investor, preferably with Asia-Pacific ties, executive Chairman of EcoMotors said.

Zhongding Power Signs Strategic Agreement with EcoMotors to Fund Construction of USD 200 Million Opoc(R) Engine Plant

Zhongding Power and EcoMotors announced the closing of a commercial agreement to produce the opoc(R) engine, a breakthrough technology that has the potential to be the world's cleanest, most efficient, lightweight, and lowest cost internal combustion engine. Zhongding will finance and construct the first opoc(R) plant in the Anhui Province. The plant represents an investment by Zhongding of over USD 200 million and will have a capacity of about 150,000 engines per year -- over USD 1 billion in revenue potential. High-volume production is expected to begin in 2014. The opoc(R) engine technology developed and owned by EcoMotors can deliver the same power level as conventional engines at half the size, a lower cost, and lower emissions. With the potential for 20-50% better fuel economy compared to a state-of-the-art, conventional turbo-diesel engine, EcoMotors' opoc(R) engine has the potential to revolutionize the internal combustion engine. The inaugural opoc(R) plant has received the full support of key Chinese government bodies, including the Xuangcheng government and Anhui provincial authorities; a second Zhongding production site may be announced at a later date. Zhongding plans to supply opoc(R) engines to a broad range of customers, including GenSet engines, off-road and commercial vehicles. A key provision of the agreement allocates a portion of the plant's output to EcoMotors for sale and distribution to its own direct customers.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Walker Products, Inc. United States
Carlex Glass of Indiana, Inc. United States
Yorozu North America, Inc. United States
Streamline Industries, Inc. United States
Wilson Manifolds Inc. United States

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Merger/Acquisition
March 12, 2014
Katech, Inc.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact EcoMotors International Inc., please visit www.ecomotors.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.