December 18, 2014 2:01 PM ET

Electronic Equipment, Instruments and Components

Company Overview of Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.

Company Overview

Samsung SDI Co., Ltd. manufactures and sells batteries worldwide. It offers lithium ion batteries used in small mobile IT devices, power tools, small home appliances, e-bike, and garden tools; electric car batteries; energy storage systems, which include residential energy storage systems, base transceiver station, and Internet data centers; solar energy products; and plasma display panel, an element that displays text or graphics using the light from plasma. The company was founded in 1970 and is headquartered in Yongin, South Korea.

150-20, Gongse-ro

Giheung-gu

Yongin,  446-577

South Korea

Founded in 1970

Phone:

82 31 8006 3100

Fax:

82 3 1210 7887

Key Executives for Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.

Samsung SDI Co. Ltd. does not have any Key Executives recorded.

Samsung SDI Co. Ltd. Key Developments

Samsung SDI Reports Earnings Results for the Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2014

Samsung SDI reported earnings results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014. For the quarter, the company reported a net loss of KRW 12.9 billion against a net profit of KRW 125 billion in the same period of 2013. The company has reported an operating profit of KRW 26.2 billion, up nearly two fold from KRW 8.6 billion during the same period of 2013. Sales revenues increased by 109% year on year (y/y) to KRW 1,890 billion in the third quarter, from KRW 905.3 billion in the same period of last year.

Sungrow Power Supply and Samsung SDI Signs an Agreement to Set Up an Energy Storage Battery Joint Venture and an Energy Storage Power Source Joint Venture in Hefei

Sungrow Power Supply announced that the company and Samsung SDI signed an agreement to set up an energy storage battery joint venture and an energy storage power source joint venture in Hefei. With investment being CNY 260 million and registered capital being CNY 130 million, the energy storage battery business is engaged in R&D, production, sales and distribution of lithium-ion energy storage battery packs for power facilities use. Samsung SDI holds 65% of the venture by an investment of CNY 84,500,000 in cash, and Sungrow Power Supply holds the remaining 35% by CNY 45,500,000 in cash. With investment being CNY 120 million and registered capital being CNY 60 million, the energy storage power source business is engaged in R&D, production, sales and distribution of conversion systems and integration systems for power facilities use. Samsung SDI holds 35% of the venture by an investment of CNY 21,000,000 in cash, and Sungrow Power Supply holds the remaining 65% by CNY 39,000,000 in cash.

Samsung SDI Partners with Everpurse to Power Next-Generation Wireless Charging Fashion-Tech Handbags

Samsung SDI announced their partnership with Everpurse. The partnership between Samsung SDI and Everpurse includes the use of Samsung SDI's advanced Lithium-Ion prismatic batteries and extends down to the design of the technological components to ensure that they meet and exceed the high quality and performance standards globally.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
THELEDS Co.,Ltd. Asia
Seonam Co., Ltd. Asia
Ezville Inc. Asia
Optomine Corporation Asia
E&H Co., Ltd. Asia

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
Merger/Acquisition
December 3, 2014
--
Merger/Acquisition
November 25, 2014
Samsung General Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Merger/Acquisition
September 1, 2014
Samsung Engineering Co., Ltd.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Samsung SDI Co. Ltd., please visit www.samsungsdi.co.kr. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.