July 23, 2014 1:41 PM ET

Wireless Telecommunication Services

Company Overview of Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E.

Company Overview

Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E. is a mobile network operator in Egypt. The company operates voice, data, transport, and fixed networks. It offers postpaid, prepaid, and international and roaming plans; phones and devices that include basic phones, smart phones, tablets, and notebooks and others; and accessories, such as Bluetooth, cases and covers, chargers and cables, hard drives, and wired headsets. The company also provides Internet services, including USB mobile broadband, ADSL, and Wi-Fi; and online SMS, alerting, prepaid recharge, and call tone services. It offers cloud, SMS, network, and machine to machine solutions. The company also sells phones and accessories online. It se...

6th Horizon

65/3 G Central Axis Road

6th of October City,  

Egypt

Founded in 1998

Phone:

20 2 2529 2000

Key Executives for Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E.

Chief Executive Officer
Age: 44
Chief Financial Officer
Technology Director
External Affairs & Legal Director
Human Resources Director
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2014.

Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E. Key Developments

Telecom Egypt Postpones Sale Of Stake In Vodafone Egypt

Telecom Egypt Company S.A.E. (CASE:ETEL) said that it is planning to postpone the plans of selling its stake in Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E., although it will consider the plans later, after obtaining a 4G licence. Telecom Egypt also revealed that it has not received any notifications for the sale.

Saudi Telecom Does Not Submit Bid To Acquire Telecom Egypt Stake In Vodafone Egypt

Mohamed El-Nawawy, Chief Executive Officer of Telecom Egypt Company S.A.E. (CASE:ETEL), stated that Saudi Telecom Company (SASE:7010) didn’t submit bid to acquire Telecom Egypt stake in Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E., Anadolu Agency reported. Telecom Egypt owns about 45% in Vodafone Egypt, while the remaining 55% owned by Vodafone International Holdings B.V. He added that, Telecom Egypt didn’t receive bids to sell stake in Vodafone Egypt so far. According to an official in Vodafone Egypt, Saudi Telecom entered talks with Telecom Egypt to acquire its stake in Vodafone Egypt.

Telecom Egypt Reportedly Denies Selling Vodafone Egypt

Telecom Egypt Company S.A.E. (CASE:ETEL) reportedly denies selling Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E. to Vodafone Group Public Limited Company (LSE:VOD). Egypt's telecommunications regulator said in early December 2013 that it would in coming weeks issue a license allowing a company to operate fixed-line and mobile networks, a move that could allow Telecom Egypt to offer mobile services. Currently, Telecom Egypt offers only fixed line services; if it gets a mobile license, to avoid a conflict of interest it is expected to either sell out of Vodafone Egypt or try to raise its ownership to a controlling level. Speculation about a possible sale boosted shares in Telecom Egypt by 5.2 percent% and Vodafone Egypt slipped 1.3%.

Similar Private Companies By Industry

Company Name Region
Etisalat Misr S.A.E. Middle East/Africa
Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E. Middle East/Africa
ARPU Telecommunications Services Middle East/Africa
Telecel Globe Middle East/Africa
Telecel International Limited Middle East/Africa

Recent Private Companies Transactions

Type
Date
Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.
 

Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup

Most Searched Private Companies

Company Name Geographic Region
Bertelsmann AG Europe
Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law United States
NYC2012, Inc. United States
Rush University United States
Citizens Budget Commission United States

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact Vodafone Egypt Telecommunications S.A.E., please visit www.vodafone.com.eg. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at bwwebmaster@businessweek.com.