Last 3,540 GBp
Change Today -17.50 / -0.49%
Volume 1.4M
BATS On Other Exchanges
As of 11:35 AM 07/25/14 All times are local (Market data is delayed by at least 15 minutes).

british american tobacco plc (BATS) Snapshot

3,542 GBp
Previous Close
3,557 GBp
Day High
3,556 GBp
Day Low
3,527 GBp
52 Week High
05/22/14 - 3,625 GBp
52 Week Low
01/31/14 - 2,871 GBp
Market Cap
Average Volume 10 Days
2.05 GBp
Shares Outstanding
158.22 GBp
Dividend Yield

Related News

No related news articles were found.

british american tobacco plc (BATS) Related Businessweek News

View More BusinessWeek News

british american tobacco plc (BATS) Details

British American Tobacco p.l.c., through its subsidiaries, manufactures tobacco and nicotine products. It provides cigarettes, roll-your-own and make-your-own tobacco, cigars, cigarillos, pipe tobacco, and snus, as well as nicotine inhalation, heat-not-burn devices, and electronic cigarettes. The company offers its products under the Dunhill, Kent, Rothmans, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall, State Express 555, Vogue, Viceroy, Kool, Peter Stuyvesant, Craven A, Benson & Hedges, and John Player Gold Leaf brands. British American Tobacco p.l.c. sells its products in the Asia-Pacific, the Americas, Eastern and Western Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. The company was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.

57,730 Employees
Last Reported Date: 02/27/14
Founded in 1902

british american tobacco plc (BATS) Top Compensated Officers

Chief Executive Officer and Executive Directo...
Total Annual Compensation: 2.9M GBP
Chief Information Officer, Finance Director a...
Total Annual Compensation: 2.0M GBP
Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2013.

british american tobacco plc (BATS) Key Developments

British American Reportedly To Up Stake In Reynolds American

British American Tobacco plc (LSE:BATS) which owns a 42% stake in Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE:RAI), is planning to purchase the remaining 58% stake of Reynolds American Inc. for more than $75 per share as a standstill agreement between British American Tobacco and Reynolds American Inc. expires at the end of July 2014, Daily Mail reported citing sources.

British American Tobacco Reports Earnings Results for the Year Ended December 31, 2013; Provides Earnings Guidance for the Year Ending December 31, 2014 and December 31, 2015

British American Tobacco reported earnings results for the year ended December 31, 2013. For the year, the company reported revenue of £15,260 million against £15,190 million a year ago. EPS was 217.40 pence against 206.30 pence a year ago. Pre-tax was £5,799 million against £5,592 million a year ago. For the year ending December 31, 2014, the company expects revenue of £14,481.53 million, pre-tax of £5,768.76 million, EPS of 215.21 pence. For the year ending December 31, 2015, the company expects revenue of £15,020.00 million, pre-tax of £6,091.60 million, EPS of 234.07 pence.

BAT May Acquire Reynolds Or Lorillard

British American Tobacco plc (LSE:BATS) has reportedly hired Deutsche Bank and UBS to look for possible multibillion acquisition opportunities in the United States. The deal may reportedly include a takeover of Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE:RAI) or Lorillard, Inc. (NYSE:LO).


Stock Quotes

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Lookup
Recently Viewed
BATS:LN 3,539.50 GBp -17.50

BATS Competitors

Market data is delayed at least 15 minutes.

Company Last Change
Grupo Carso SAB de CV $74.85 MXN +0.76
Imperial Tobacco Group PLC 2,605 GBp -13.00
Japan Tobacco Inc ¥3,682 JPY -0.50
Lorillard Inc $60.73 USD -0.10
Philip Morris International Inc $84.85 USD -0.69
View Industry Companies

Industry Analysis


Industry Average

Valuation BATS Industry Range
Price/Earnings 17.7x
Price/Sales 4.5x
Price/Book 10.3x
Price/Cash Flow 15.5x
TEV/Sales 4.4x

Sponsored Financial Commentaries

Sponsored Links

Report Data Issue

To contact BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO PLC, please visit Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.

Please enter your information in the following field(s):
Update Needed*

All data changes require verification from public sources. Please include the correct value or values and a source where we can verify.

Your requested update has been submitted

Our data partners will research the update request and update the information on this page if necessary. Research and follow-up could take several weeks. If you have questions, you can contact them at