Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and franchises quick service restaurants (QSRs) under the Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands worldwide. The company franchises restaurants under its Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands with approximately 18,000 points of distribution in 60 countries. As of December 28, 2013, there were 10,858 Dunkin' Donuts points of distribution, of which 7,677 were in the U.S. and 3,181 were international, and 7,300 Baskin-Robbins points of distribution, of which 4,833 were international and 2,467 were in the U.S. Segments The company operates its business in four segments: Dunkin' Donuts U.S., Dunkin' Donuts International, Baskin-Robbins International and Baskin-Robbins U.S. International operations The company’s international business is primarily conducted via joint ventures and country or territorial license arrangements with ‘master franchisees,’ which both operate and sub-franchise the brand within their licensed areas. The company’s international franchise system is located across Asia and the Middle East. Markets As of December 28, 2013, the top foreign countries and regions in which the Dunkin' Donuts brand and/or the Baskin-Robbins brand operated were as follows: In South Korea, the company conducts business through a 33.3% ownership stake in a combination Dunkin' Donuts brand/Baskin-Robbins brand joint venture, with South Korean shareholders owning the remaining 66.7% of the joint venture. The joint venture acts as the master franchisee for South Korea, sub-franchising the Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins brands to franchisees. The joint venture also manufactures and supplies the franchisees operating restaurants located in South Korea with ice cream, donuts and coffee products. The company conducts business in Japan through a 43.3% ownership stake in a Baskin-Robbins brand joint venture. The company’s partner also owns a 43.3% interest in the joint venture, with the remaining 13.4% owned by public shareholders. The joint venture manufactures and sells ice cream to franchisees operating restaurants in Japan and acts as master franchisee for the country. The company conducts operations in the Middle East through master franchise arrangements. Licensing The company has licensing agreements with Dean Foods for domestic ice cream sales; and with The J.M. Smucker Co. (Smuckers) for the sale of packaged coffee in non-franchised outlets (primarily grocery retail). Regulatory matters Domestic: The company and its franchisees are also subject to the Fair Labor Standards Act and various other laws governing such matters as minimum wage requirements, overtime and other working conditions, and citizenship requirements. The company’s franchising activities are subject to the rules and regulations of the Federal Trade Commission and various state laws regulating the offer and sale of franchises. Significant Events In March 2014, Dunkin' Brands, the parent company of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins, announced the signing of a multi-unit store development agreement with new franchise group, BG&E Investments, to develop five Dunkin' Donuts restaurants and one Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combination location throughout East Texas. Competition The company’s competitors include 7-Eleven, Burger King, Cold Stone Creamery, Cumberland Farms, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Panera Bread, Quick Trip, Starbucks, Subway, Tim Hortons, WaWa, and Wendy's.
dunkin' brands group inc
130 Royall Street
Canton, MA 02021
|Burger King Worldwide Inc||$26.63 USD||-0.17|
|Keurig Green Mountain Inc||$122.90 USD||+1.52|
|Panera Bread Co||$147.15 USD||-0.23|
|Wendy's Co/The||$8.22 USD||-0.04|
|Tim Hortons Inc||C$59.63 CAD||+0.23|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP INC, please visit www.dunkinbrands.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.