The Siam Cement Public Company Limited (Siam Cement or the Company) (together with its subsidiaries, the Group or Siam Cement Group) is a diversified company, which began its operations in the twenty-first Century as a restructured, refocused group of companies. The Company’s core businesses are divided into five strategic business units operated by its subsidiaries that include Paper & Packaging; Petrochemicals; Cement; Construction Materials; Ceramic; Distributions, which include international trading and two businesses of holding and property that include Cementhai Holding Co., Ltd and Cementhai Property Co., Ltd respectively. Joint Ventures The Siam Cement Group entered into a joint venture with CP Group, TelecomAsia, UCOM Group, Bangkok Bank, and Siam Commercial Bank to form Pantavanij Company, which operates the country's major e-procurement Web site. The company has entered into a joint venture agreement with Kubota Corp. to manufacture agricultural tractors in Thailand. SCC would hold a 40% stake while Kubota Corporation would hold the remaining 60% stake in the joint venture. The Board of Directors of the Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. announced the 50:50 joint venture project between Siam Cement Group and Dow Chemical Co. to invest in specialty elastomers downstream plant, which would be located in the Asia Industrial Estate, Rayong province, Thailand. The Specialty Elastomers plant would have a production capacity of 220,000 tons per year. In November 2009, Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. has signed a 'Framework Agreement' with Qatar Petroleum International to invest in a green-field petrochemicals complex in southern Vietnam. According to the framework agreement, the shareholders of the project would comprise the Vietnamese partners (Petrovietnam and Vinachem) with 29%, while the remaining 71% would be held by the non-Vietnamese partners, consisting of SCC, QPI and an international trading firm. In November 2009, Siam Cement Public Co. Ltd. announced that it has signed a deal with Qatar Petroleum International to build a petrochemical project in southern Vietnam. The project in the province of Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Long Son Island would include a 1.4m tonne/year olefins cracker that is flexible in the use of feedstock gas (ethane and liquefied petroleum gas) or naphtha.
siam cement public co ltd (SCC:Bangkok)
1 Siam Cement Road
Phone: 66 2 586 4444
|Cemex SAB de CV||$17.55 MXN||-0.03|
|CRH PLC||€17.97 EUR||-0.41|
|Holcim Ltd||SFr.70.50 CHF||+0.20|
|Lafarge SA||€56.65 EUR||-0.08|
|Vulcan Materials Co||$62.25 USD||-0.19|
|View Industry Companies|
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact SIAM CEMENT PUBLIC CO LTD, please visit www.scg.co.th. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.