a joint venture to manufacture cars in China with Chery Automobile Co., Limited, a Chinese automotive manufacturer. The company has a joint venture agreement with Fiat Group Automobiles S.p.A., Italy, located at Ranjangaon in Maharashtra to manufacture passenger cars, engines, and transmissions for the Indian and overseas markets. The company holds 60% in Tata Motors (SA) Proprietary Ltd, a joint venture company formed for the manufacture and assembly operations of its LCVs and M&HCVs in South Africa. The remaining 40% is held by Tata Africa Holdings (SA) (Pty.) Ltd. Strategy The company’s strategy consists of various elements, such as utilizing its capabilities; continuing focus on high quality and improving customer satisfaction; products and environmental performance; mitigating cyclicality; expanding its international business; improving capabilities through the adoption of superior processes; customer financing; continuing to invest in technology and technical skills; and utilizing brand equity. History The company was founded in 1945. It was incorporated in 1945 as a public limited liability company under the Indian Companies Act VII of 1913 as Tata Locomotive and Engineering Company Limited. The company changed its name to Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company Limited in 1960 and then to Tata Motors Limited in 2003.
tata motors ltd-spon adr (TTM:New York)
24, Homi Mody Street
Phone: 91 22 6665 8282
Fax: 91 22 6665 7799www.tatamotors.com
Post a JobJobs
- New York, NY | JPMorgan ChasePosted: Dec 06
- Alexandria, VA |Posted: Dec 06
- Detroit, MI | Wayne State UniversityPosted: Nov 26
- New York, NY | AGORAPosted: Nov 25
Sponsored Financial Commentaries
To contact TATA MOTORS LTD-SPON ADR, please visit www.tatamotors.com. Company data is provided by Capital IQ. Please use this form to report any data issues.